HudsonAlpha Educational Outreach is seeking an undergraduate or Masters student preparing for a career in biology education to support the staff in educational programs throughout the summer. The intern will prep laboratory spaces and materials for programs, prepare activities and lead educational experiences for a variety of audiences including middle school campers, provide support at local libraries during outreach visits and keep thorough records of educational outreach events. The intern’s research focus will be an introspective on summer outreach experiences as preparation for classroom instruction.
- Good communication skills.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Self-directed and able to work independently.
- A solid foundation in word processing, spreadsheets and Internet searches.
- A willingness to work with students of all ages.