Guidelines for events at HudsonAlpha
- HudsonAlpha is accessible to the public from the hours of 7 a.m. – 7p.m., Monday through Friday. All other times the building will be secured and only accessible via security badges. Please consider this when planning evening events.
- The lighting schedule for HudsonAlpha is as follows:
- 6:00am-6:00pm-Offices and Hallways
- Most labs run on light sensors
Any special requests should be added to the event form and submitted for approval.
- Security personnel is present at HudsonAlpha is 24/7. From 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, security is handled by HudsonAlpha personnel at the front desk. All other times are handled by the Huntsville Police Department. On duty security personnel can be reached at 256.975.0961.
- Our Cafe manages onsite catering. Catering contact via email is email@example.com or by phone at 256.327.0930.
- Any rental needs such as tables, chairs or dishes should be handled through HudsonAlpha purchasing manager Cathy Thomas. She can be reached at 256.327.0426.
- When using flowers for your event, to prevent costly damage to the furniture, please check for leaks when placing them. We have florists we have worked well with and are happy to provide their contact information on request.
- Use of candles and helium balloons is prohibited.
- When hosting an evening event in the atrium that requires removal of the furniture please note that set up will be done after business hours to avoid disruption to our daily business.
- All Atrium event requests will require advance approval.
- We are a tobacco free building and campus. Please alert your guests.
- Please submit your event form seven days in advance of your event.
Please direct any questions or needs to: