- Describe the school in which you taught last year.
- Hoover is a 6A HS. It is full of the most wonderful students, supportive administration & staff a teacher could ask for.
- What excites you most about teaching science?
- Watching students have those “aha” moments and seeing them get excited about science.
- What drew you to the HudsonAlpha Educator in Residence program?
- The opportunity to be immersed in all the latest and greatest in biotechnology for a year!
- What has been the most challenging aspect of being the Educator in Residence at HudsonAlpha?
- Learning how to write for a larger audience than that found within the walls of my classroom.
- What has been the most exciting aspect of being the Educator in Residence at HudsonAlpha?
- Everything! From being a part of the development team for the Hudson Alpha HS biotechnology kits, to watching those kits distributed across the state by ASIM and knowing that I have been able to play a part in getting biotechnology and genomics content into the hands of Alabama’s teachers and students. The ability to attend scientific talks from some of the top minds in biotechnology was a continuing highlight of my time at Hudson Alpha, as well as the many friendships made.
- How do you think this experience will impact your teaching going forward?
- I believe it will forever change the way I teach.
- Was the experience valuable to you as a teacher in the sciences?
Biology Certified Teacher