Education Level: Undergraduate
Hours per Week: 30
Number of Positions Anticipated: 2
As a member of the Laboratory Team, this position’s primary responsibility will be to perform a variety of tasks to support long-term initiatives that are designed to improve the overall efficiency of ConversantBio’s Lab. This position will require an enthusiastic person with a great attention to detail.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Consolidation of BioBank samples in Vapor Phase and -80C freezers while tracking these efforts within a database.
- Preparation of archived microscope slides and embedded blocks for review by our Pathology team.
- Accessioning a variety of samples to prepare for testing and review.
- Reviewing and interpreting hospital records (physician notes, pathology reports, and laboratory reports).
- Ensuring compliance among site coordinators in clinical information entry and document redaction standards.
- Maintaining confidentiality of patient identification and medical information.
- Building and maintaining a good working relationship with colleagues in the Laboratory Team and CBio.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences field.
- Exposure to/familiarity with molecular diagnostic and testing platforms.
- Experience with PC and/or Mac operating systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Work independently or with a team.
- Self-motivated, efficient, and balanced.
- Ability to handle high stress situations with ease while maintaining a positive and productive attitude with those who you interact with on a daily basis.